Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward interface with Jandy Aqua Link?

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward interface with Jandy Aqua Link?

I just bought a new house with an existing pool. The owner recently installed a Jandy Aqua Link with the wireless remote. The SWG is a Hayward Aqua Rite.
    Can the Hayward interface with the Jandy system so that I can adjust the SWG and see the salt readout on my wireless remote?
    After having an all Jandy system that worked together this is inconvenient to say the least.
    Houston, Texas
    10000 gallon pebbletec
    Salt Water Generator
    Spillover spa.
    XM8 cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Hayward interface with Jandy Aqua Link?

Quote Originally Posted by AcoldStArnolds79
    I just bought a new house with an existing pool. The owner recently installed a Jandy Aqua Link with the wireless remote. The SWG is a Hayward Aqua Rite.
    Can the Hayward interface with the Jandy system so that I can adjust the SWG and see the salt readout on my wireless remote?
    After having an all Jandy system that worked together this is inconvenient to say the least.
    As far as I know the Hayward SWCG is not supported by Jandy. Wait awhile and, when the Hayward dies, replace it with a compatible Jandy.
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Not knowing if this is against the rules of the forum, but I found and purchased a device that permits the Aqualink and AquaRite to communicate with each other. Forum, please let me know if I can mention the product's name.
    Jandy iAqualink RS-8 Rev T, OneTouch, Chlorinator Translator, & AquaRite Rev 1.3

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by dflynn60
    Not knowing if this is against the rules of the forum, but I found and purchased a device that permits the Aqualink and AquaRite to communicate with each other. Forum, please let me know if I can mention the product's name.
    Sure you can. The only problem we have with product mentions is when they are made by people selling the product, and even then it is acceptable when it is a direct response to a post seeking that info.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    Sure you can. The only problem we have with product mentions is when they are made by people selling the product, and even then it is acceptable when it is a direct response to a post seeking that info.

I have added the product name in my list of equipment that I run on my pool. Please see the list.
    Jandy iAqualink RS-8 Rev T, OneTouch, Chlorinator Translator, & AquaRite Rev 1.3

6. Back To Top    #6

Too bad that won't work for my Jandy Z4 system. I foresee the day when I'll need to change out my Aquapure EI to another system and I have been looking at the AquaRite.
    15'x35' IG 16,500 gallons w/attached raised 18" spa continuous coping w/underneath spill and ledger stone wrapped, NPT mini pebble aqua blue w/2x pigment & abalone shell finish, 2"x24" travertine coping, 3x Jandy Color LED lights (2 in pool), Jandy Flo Pro 2HP VS pump, Jandy LXI (low NOx) 400K BTU heater, Jandy CL460 cartridge filter, Jandy AquaPure Ei SWG, Jandy Z4 automation with iAqualink and remote poolside PDA, 1,300 sqft Belgard Catalina paver deck with drainage, fire pit that matches the spa with travertine coping and wrapped in ledger stone, Elitewood insulated patio cover, Vinyl gates, back vinyl fence coming soon...
    TF-100

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by jv92red View Post
    Too bad that won't work for my Jandy Z4 system. I foresee the day when I'll need to change out my Aquapure EI to another system and I have been looking at the AquaRite.
    Why do you say that it will not work with your Z4? I did a quick look at the manual and it does support SWG. So, one would think the Z4 would work with a AquaPure.

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

I don't have all the dates but if someone really wants it I will dig it up. Back when AquaRite was sold under the Goldline label it would communicate with the Jandy Aqualink. About a year after Hayward bought Goldline Jandy decided they did not want their newer units to be able to interface.
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing
    poolside@haywardnet.com

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Hayward Pool View Post
    I don't have all the dates but if someone really wants it I will dig it up. Back when AquaRite was sold under the Goldline label it would communicate with the Jandy Aqualink. About a year after Hayward bought Goldline Jandy decided they did not want their newer units to be able to interface.
    I have the dates if needed, but the real information is what revision your Aqualink RS is running. Aqualink RS revisions I thru K supported AquaRite. Aqualink RS revision L and on would report the AquaRite as "NOT COMPATIBLE". And as of revision T, if you connect an AquaRite up to Aqualink RS directly, you can lock out all chlorinators.