Hayward interface with Jandy Aqua Link?

AcoldStArnolds79

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 4, 2007
I just bought a new house with an existing pool. The owner recently installed a Jandy Aqua Link with the wireless remote. The SWG is a Hayward Aqua Rite.
Can the Hayward interface with the Jandy system so that I can adjust the SWG and see the salt readout on my wireless remote?
After having an all Jandy system that worked together this is inconvenient to say the least.

AcoldStArnolds79 said:
I just bought a new house with an existing pool. The owner recently installed a Jandy Aqua Link with the wireless remote. The SWG is a Hayward Aqua Rite.
Can the Hayward interface with the Jandy system so that I can adjust the SWG and see the salt readout on my wireless remote?
After having an all Jandy system that worked together this is inconvenient to say the least.

As far as I know the Hayward SWCG is not supported by Jandy. Wait awhile and, when the Hayward dies, replace it with a compatible Jandy.

Not knowing if this is against the rules of the forum, but I found and purchased a device that permits the Aqualink and AquaRite to communicate with each other. Forum, please let me know if I can mention the product's name.

dflynn60 said:
Not knowing if this is against the rules of the forum, but I found and purchased a device that permits the Aqualink and AquaRite to communicate with each other. Forum, please let me know if I can mention the product's name.

Sure you can. The only problem we have with product mentions is when they are made by people selling the product, and even then it is acceptable when it is a direct response to a post seeking that info.

Sure you can. The only problem we have with product mentions is when they are made by people selling the product, and even then it is acceptable when it is a direct response to a post seeking that info.

I have added the product name in my list of equipment that I run on my pool. Please see the list.

Reactions: akropp
Too bad that won't work for my Jandy Z4 system. I foresee the day when I'll need to change out my Aquapure EI to another system and I have been looking at the AquaRite.

Why do you say that it will not work with your Z4? I did a quick look at the manual and it does support SWG. So, one would think the Z4 would work with a AquaPure.

I don't have all the dates but if someone really wants it I will dig it up. Back when AquaRite was sold under the Goldline label it would communicate with the Jandy Aqualink. About a year after Hayward bought Goldline Jandy decided they did not want their newer units to be able to interface.

I don't have all the dates but if someone really wants it I will dig it up. Back when AquaRite was sold under the Goldline label it would communicate with the Jandy Aqualink. About a year after Hayward bought Goldline Jandy decided they did not want their newer units to be able to interface.

I have the dates if needed, but the real information is what revision your Aqualink RS is running. Aqualink RS revisions I thru K supported AquaRite. Aqualink RS revision L and on would report the AquaRite as "NOT COMPATIBLE". And as of revision T, if you connect an AquaRite up to Aqualink RS directly, you can lock out all chlorinators.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.