Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to connect hose to Vac Lock fitting?

1. Back To Top    #1

How to connect hose to Vac Lock fitting?

I installed a dedicated 2" vacuum line when I built our inground pool. I just purchased and installed a Waterway Vac-lock fitting like this. But the 1 1/2" hose that came with my vacuum head won't fit it. The hose fits fine in my skimmer, but I want to use the dedicated line. Is there a connector of some sort that I need?
    half Inground/half above ground, shotcrete pool, 19,000 gallons - KrystalKrete Krystal Blue quartz finish
    Pentair intelliflo variable speed pump - Pentair Easy Touch automation - Pentair T100 sand filter - Savi Melody LED lights - Mortex KoolDeck - Charleston, South Carolina

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to connect hose to Vac Lock fitting?

Quote Originally Posted by mlawrence17
    I installed a dedicated 2" vacuum line when I built our inground pool. I just purchased and installed a Waterway Vac-lock fitting like this.

But the 1 1/2" hose that came with my vacuum head won't fit it. The hose fits fine in my skimmer, but I want to use the dedicated line. Is there a connector of some sort that I need?
    Is it too small - too big or what? The 2" fitting sounds too big for the 1.5" hose. I wonder if you need to get another hose or adaptor to allow the 1.5" hose to fit.
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: How to connect hose to Vac Lock fitting?

The hose is too big for the vac-lock fitting. Not to mention that the collar on the hose sticks out farther than the little locking tab on the vac-lock fitting which is supposed to grab the ribs on the hose to prevent it from coming out. The hose that came with the Kreepy Krauly fits in the vac lock fine, but not the one I use with vacuum head.
    half Inground/half above ground, shotcrete pool, 19,000 gallons - KrystalKrete Krystal Blue quartz finish
    Pentair intelliflo variable speed pump - Pentair Easy Touch automation - Pentair T100 sand filter - Savi Melody LED lights - Mortex KoolDeck - Charleston, South Carolina