pool design and builder

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Gentlemen,

First, from the few posts I read via a google search, you seem to provide informative answers. So, here it goes:

My wife and I hired someone to design and spec-out our pool. He is very experienced, from his conversations and his history in the industry. I wanted to just get a basic sanity check on his design/spec's/equip configuration/etc. but wanted to know what you need to know? If you could pls post the items you feel are critical, or refer me to something to do so, I will populate the fields and you can provide your feedback.

Thank you very much and I appreciate all your help...great site !

Best regards,
tstex

From what I could gather - every inground pool design is a custom build, so you may as well get involved in the design and build one that YOU like. This is what we did ... 100% my design (landscaping starts tomorrow)

Before

before.jpg

After

after.jpg

I think your geographic location and how you are going to use the pool makes a huge difference.

Do you want a spa?
Do you have kids?
What style goes with your home and taste?
Lagoon, tropical, classic geometric or modern design like the pool above.
How far away are the utilities from the pool.
What type of dirt (rocks) do you have in your area?
How close to another building will the pool be?

All these things can effect the design and equipment choices.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.