Intex SWG clearance at Target $99

Tempted to get this. Don't have a target card. Anyone know if I apply for a target card in the store if I can then just go home and use it right away? Or do i need to wait for the card to show in the mail?

Copper is not really something you want in your pool. At higher levels it causes staining and blonde hair turns green. Some people just unplug it. I found that you can unscrew the two electrodes sticking out of the top and wiggle the copper bars free. Then I just silicine the holes where the two electrodes use to be. With them removed it improves the flow through the swg.

Is there just 1 size SWG? I have a 28' round above ground pool, and I think it takes anywhere from 23,000-25,000 gallons... so will this pump work for me?? thanks for any help or suggestions on where I can get the info...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Anyone been running one of these long term? IE. Years.
I have read of some power supply failures on here, but it doesn't seem like the norm.
How about the cell, how does it hold up compared to the big expensive ones?

Just ordered. I hope it's the right one. The picture on Target website is slightly different than the pictures on intex website and other places on the internet. The connectors on the "tube" behind the control box are different. Anyone know what that's about?

Houde said:
The intex is rated up to 18000 gals. One unit may work but two ran inline would be better.
Running them in parallel would be better then in series. See: http://www.troublefreepool.com/does-2-intex-1-larger-swg-t30922.html

y_not said:
Anyone been running one of these long term? IE. Years.
I have finished my third season with no problems on one

Sangster said:
ust ordered. I hope it's the right one. The picture on Target website is slightly different than the pictures on intex website and other places on the internet. The connectors on the "tube" behind the control box are different. Anyone know what that's about?
I agree, the picture in the target link looks different from the swgs I have...maybe a new model? It appears that the outlet is at a right angle to the long axis of the cell tube, and it looks like the copper cell has been moved upstream of the swg cell? Let us know what it really looks like when you get it and what the model number is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.