Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex SWG clearance at Target $99

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex SWG clearance at Target $99

Happened to notice Target.com had their intex SWG's on clearance for $99.

http://www.target.com/p/intex-buff-beig ... e.banner_1

Shipping is around $19, but you can apply a $5 off promo found here http://www.retailmenot.com/view/target.com.

Making the total around $119.
    17,500 gallon 18x36 gunite pool
    Hayward super II 1.5 hp pump, Hayward cartridge filter
    Jandy AquaPure Ei SWG 35K, Raypak R6350TI-E HeatPump
    Solar cover, Loop Lok winter Cover
    Artisian Antigua hot tub, Polk Atrium 4's

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex SWG clearance at Target $99

Cool beans!!

I'm sure you could pick it up at your local Target too. Just call and see if they have any.

If they're out of stock locally, maybe they'll do a free ship to store.
    Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

3. Back To Top    #3

Target doesn't do ship to store, but if you have a Target card you get free shipping to your house on any purchase.
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Tempted to get this. Don't have a target card. Anyone know if I apply for a target card in the store if I can then just go home and use it right away? Or do i need to wait for the card to show in the mail?
    Intex Ultra Frame 18'x48"
    Intex 14-Inch Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump
    Intex Intex Krystal Clear Salt System (not yet installed)

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you for the heads up. I know this post is older but my new backup should be here today.
    Intex 18x48 ultraframe agp, Intex 16" sand filter with pump, Intex swg, and a Hayward Wanda the Whale apc. TF-100 test kit and using BBB and never looked back. Thank You TFP!!!

6. Back To Top    #6

Do they actually still have this in-stock?
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

7. Back To Top    #7

I purchased mine on the 1st. Received it today. Already removed the copper bars from the unit.
    Intex 18x48 ultraframe agp, Intex 16" sand filter with pump, Intex swg, and a Hayward Wanda the Whale apc. TF-100 test kit and using BBB and never looked back. Thank You TFP!!!

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Houde
    I purchased mine on the 1st. Received it today. Already removed the copper bars from the unit.
    Why do you remove the copper bars??
    Intex Ultra Frame 18'x48"
    Intex 14-Inch Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump
    Intex Intex Krystal Clear Salt System (not yet installed)

9. Back To Top    #9

Copper is not really something you want in your pool. At higher levels it causes staining and blonde hair turns green. Some people just unplug it. I found that you can unscrew the two electrodes sticking out of the top and wiggle the copper bars free. Then I just silicine the holes where the two electrodes use to be. With them removed it improves the flow through the swg.

10. Back To Top    #10

Is there just 1 size SWG? I have a 28' round above ground pool, and I think it takes anywhere from 23,000-25,000 gallons... so will this pump work for me?? thanks for any help or suggestions on where I can get the info...
    - Michelle in SE Michigan (suburban Detroit)

54" Desert Spring Doughboy 21x41' oval AG pool, with 7' deep end on half the pool - approximately 23,000 gallons. Including 2 returns/skimmers/main drains, 300lb Doughboy sand filter, 2HP Doughboy pump.

11. Back To Top    #11

The intex is rated up to 18000 gals. One unit may work but two ran inline would be better.

12. Back To Top    #12

I just unplugged the copper bars per advise I got on here. I didn't remove the bars.

Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

13. Back To Top    #13

Anyone been running one of these long term? IE. Years.
    I have read of some power supply failures on here, but it doesn't seem like the norm.
    How about the cell, how does it hold up compared to the big expensive ones?

14. Back To Top    #14

Mine is going on its third year. I haven't had any problem with it.

15. Back To Top    #15

Thanks I will try 2...
    - Michelle in SE Michigan (suburban Detroit)

54" Desert Spring Doughboy 21x41' oval AG pool, with 7' deep end on half the pool - approximately 23,000 gallons. Including 2 returns/skimmers/main drains, 300lb Doughboy sand filter, 2HP Doughboy pump.

16. Back To Top    #16

Just ordered. I hope it's the right one. The picture on Target website is slightly different than the pictures on intex website and other places on the internet. The connectors on the "tube" behind the control box are different. Anyone know what that's about?

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by Houde
    The intex is rated up to 18000 gals. One unit may work but two ran inline would be better.
    Running them in parallel would be better then in series. See: http://www.troublefreepool.com/does-...wg-t30922.html

Quote Originally Posted by y_not
    Anyone been running one of these long term? IE. Years.
    I have finished my third season with no problems on one

Quote Originally Posted by Sangster
    ust ordered. I hope it's the right one. The picture on Target website is slightly different than the pictures on intex website and other places on the internet. The connectors on the "tube" behind the control box are different. Anyone know what that's about?
    I agree, the picture in the target link looks different from the swgs I have...maybe a new model? It appears that the outlet is at a right angle to the long axis of the cell tube, and it looks like the copper cell has been moved upstream of the swg cell? Let us know what it really looks like when you get it and what the model number is.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

18. Back To Top    #18

The one I just received looks like my old one. Nothing different. Same model number.