Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can Aqualogic be flash updated.

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Can Aqualogic be flash updated.

Neighbor has a 4 year old Aqualogic system. His pump is going out and wants a variable speed. Can the controls be flash updated so he can use the new hayward pumps?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Can Aqualogic be flash updated.

What, did this forum run all the Hayward people out.

3. Back To Top    #3

The following AquaLogic manual from 2004 does not describe any flash capability, nor does it appear to handle mutli-speed pumps:

https://www.inyopools.com/owners_manual ... ration.pdf

It does however allow for a 2 speed pump. Do you know the model number and what the software version of the AquaLogic panel is? A 2008 manual also fails to mention anything about multi-speed pump or flash capabilities:

http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/Manual252.pdf
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

4. Back To Top    #4

No it can't be flashed, they would need a new main board to upgrade for an EcoStar compatibility.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by mas985
    No it can't be flashed, they would need a new main board to upgrade for an EcoStar compatibility.
    What about a two speed pump? The info earlier seemed conflicting - 2004 seemed it could support 2 speed and 2008 didn't - is this accurate? It seems like a 2 speed would be a lot simpler in the sense it is just a pair of switch relays that only one is on at any given time - or both are off - right?
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

The original question was about a VS pump not a two speed but yes, the older controllers will support a two speed.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by mas985
    The original question was about a VS pump not a two speed but yes, the older controllers will support a two speed.
    Agreed - the 2 spd question came up later but I hoped (and I was right!) that you could clarify this. You always seem to have the answers on these topics.

8. Back To Top    #8

??? The 2008 manual also described 2-speed pump compatibility. I didn't say that it did not, only that there was no mention of multi-speed support.
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by CraigMW
    ??? The 2008 manual also described 2-speed pump compatibility. I didn't say that it did not, only that there was no mention of multi-speed support.
    Sorry - totally misunderstood you. The way you phrased it "multi-speed" meant to me anything other than single speed. I get what you were saying now.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by UnderWaterVanya
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigMW
    Sorry - totally misunderstood you. The way you phrased it "multi-speed" meant to me anything other than single speed. I get what you were saying now.
    Ah, I see the confusion. I should have said variable speed instead of multi-speed. Funny how fallable the English language (and my usage of it) can be at times!

11. Back To Top    #11

In the Industry

Just a FYI for the group.
    If they are a 2.1 rev or higher they can be Flash upgraded to run a variable speed filtration pump.

Just met the service rep, took all of two minutes.

12. Back To Top    #12

The Aqualogic? I was told multiple times by different Hayward techs that this was not possible on the Aqualogic. The entire board needs to be replaced. Or perhaps you were talking about the ProLogic?
    Mark

13. Back To Top    #13

In the Industry

Its funny, and typical I guess.
    My customer talked to the techs on the 800 line and they told him he has to upgrade to a prologic.

It is most certainly a Aqualogic. They didnt have prologic back then. Now I dont believe it has the same level of control as the prologic, only the filter pump can be VS, but that works for this situation.
    I will let you know more once I get the new pump in.