Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Had my first Pool Party Friday!

1. Back To Top    #1
    Central Georgia

Had my first Pool Party Friday!

We had our company picnic at my house Friday afternoon. Kind of a big deal because the company President, our division VP and his wife came down from D.C. to join us. I had the pool sparkling clean for it. I got lots of positive feedback on how nice the water was. We had one adult and 10 kids in the pool, but a lot of people sitting around it. I had a good conversation with the Prez about the BBB method. He has a pool but has a pool service that maintains it for a boatload of money each month. He was impressed that you can just use walmart bleach, baking soda, and the occasional borax and get the water this clear.

Oh, I tested the water right before the party started and had a FC of 9 and the next morning it was an 8 with probably a tiny amount of CC (slightest color change with the reagent). I bumped it up to a 10 for Saturday and now it's back down to an 8 with no CC this morning.

10 year old 18x32 inground, vinyl liner 1 year old, 25,000 gallon Grecian, Hayward ST244 Sand Filter, 1hp Hayward pump, Diving board, Side Steps, Koolcrete decking located in middle [s:37hekvij]earth[/s:37hekvij] Georgia.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Albuquerque, NM

Re: Had my first Pool Party Friday!

Sounds like a great evening. Congratulations!
    9K gal. IG Fiberglass Pool
    1 HP Pentair SuperFlo Pump
    240 sqft. Pentair Cartridge Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

SW Ohio

Re: Had my first Pool Party Friday!

looks like you may be moving on up in the
    18x52 intex ultra frame pool 6981 gallons, 1 HP LL pump with 19 in sand filter,BBB method,borax 50ppm
    leslies DPD test kit + fas-dpd chlorine test kit + borates test strips
    thru wall skimmer,hard plumbed with 2 returns 1 1/2 sch 40 pvc
    1 large fountain 1 inch sch 40 pvc,shut off ball valves on all