Do I need 2 power supplies for aqua rite is I use 2 cells?

Jul 12, 2012
My pool is 35,000 gallons and I live in Las Vegas and I'm afraid that one t-15 cell for 40,000 gallons isn't going to make sufficient chlorine. I am just curious if there is a way to put 2 cells inline on one control panel? Any ideas?

Re: Do I need 2 power supplies for aqua rite is I use 2 cell

I am pretty sure you need to have 2 controllers/power centers. There are other brands with higher ratings. Pentair and circupool have units rated to 60k gallons.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Bama Rambler said:
The problem for the power supply is the doubling of amperage required by using two cells paralleled on one supply.
:goodjob:

The unit would likely shut down due to high amperage.

CPSC 48 has a daily output of:

CPSC48
Chlorine output: 2.5 Ib / day (1.1 kg / day)
Running Cost: 460 Watt / 1.5 amp
Suitable for pools up to 60,000 gallons (250,000 litres)

The IntelliChlor IC60:
IntelliChlor Model IC60
Chlorine Production: The equivalent of 2 lbs.(907.184 gm) of pure chlorine per 24 hour period of pool
pump run time.
Residential Pools: One unit per 60,000 gallons (227,124 liters)

All the output listed are based on 24 hour pump run time. SWCG won't produce unless the pump is running.

You should get the AutoPilot RC52 cell, which has an output of 8 lbs/day and can handle up to 120,000 gallons from a single cell, last 20 years, and only cost $0.10 per day to operate.... just kidding. I did this to make a point.

Please be careful of marketing claims of the output of manufacturer's cells.

According to NSF50, the CPSC48 cell was tested at 1.28 lbs/day, not 2.5 lbs/day as Compu Pool claims. I've heard someone respond that CompuPool claimed the NSF test to be a mistake and that it was suppose to be corrected. That was some time ago.

This Link shows most of the major Salt Chlorine Generator Manufacturers outputs, as tested by NSF.
http://nsf.org/certified/pools/Listings ... it1=SEARCH

SO, if Hayward T15 cells makes 0.66 kg/day (1.46 lbs/day), and is rated for 40,000 gallons, how can Compu Pool, making 1.28 lbs/day, handle 60,000 gallons?
Or how can Pentair's IC60, at 1.97 lbs/day, rate their cell for 60,000 gallons, yet CompuPool, at THEIR rated 2.5 lbs/day output, only handle 60,000 gallons?

Please be aware of these facts!

I listed from manufactures web sites. Hayward wasn't posted in earlier so I didn't look them up. If you've got a problem take up with the manufactures. If you've got a problem with my post send me a PM.
Lets talk about facts Poolsean you have a vested interest you're a supplier/seller. I don't. I'm an end user. I can't or won't defend how manufactures come up with their usage numbers for units with pool sizes.
The numbers for Compupool were brought to my attention in the past. I called Compupool and they said they were working to get the numbers resolved in the past. I reported numbers from manufactures literature. Nothing more nothing less.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Bobo,

My post is in no way promoting AutoPilot, is it. I may have a vested interested because I am a manufacturer, but there's a reason I've been here for many years. The owner and moderators have found me to be "mostly" neutral, helpful, and informative in my replies. Trust me, there are MANY opportunities to be pitching AutoPilot and AquaCal products here, and I have gotten the proverbial spanking when I step out of line.
I'm stating facts as tested by NSF, not by me (hence the link to NSF), and a mear observation on gallons vs output comparisons. I didn't trash CompuPool's unit, just corrected what you stated as the chlorine output of their 48 cell, based on an independent test by NSF.

Oh, by the way, I am also an end user...yet you don't usually hear me promote my AutoPilot Total Control System or AquaCal SQ155 Heat Pump because of that.

If false information is being provided to pool owners, it's in TFP forum's best interest for that incorrect information to be corrected. You didn't seen me dispute Hayward or Pentair numbers did you?
Isn't this similar to the consensus opinion of Ecosmarte? Which goes to show, you can't always trust all manufacturer's website information.

Respectfully,

How do you install 2 cells? Do you tee off and put them parallel because it seems to me that you wouldnt want the high chlorine going into the next cell. Any comments?

Really either way would be ok, the high chlorine going to the next cell should not be a problem. You will need to consider if the flow switch for the second unit will be after the first cell though. The chlorine concentration can erode the flow paddle prematurely.
It would be best to have both flow switches before the two cells, if plumbing them in series. If plumbing in parallel, you just need to make sure you have equal flow to each unit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.