Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone with any experience of the SMART pool shock at home d

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone with any experience of the SMART pool shock at home d

21,000 gal In Ground Plaster pool; Nautilus FNS 60 DE filter; WhisperFlo WFE-6 pump; Polaris booster pump and pool cleaner;Rainbow Lifegard HiFlow Chlorine Feeder (not in use); Purex Triton pool light;Hatteras spa light; Intermatic model PF122T Freeze Sentry pump controller; Sta-Rite U-3 Skimmer.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone with any experience of the SMART pool shock at ho

No, but it appears to be 10% sodium hypochlorite (assuming your are referring to the liquid). Should work great for chlorinating. How much do they want for it?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

I'd like to know how much it is there too.
    Be sure and check how old it is, see if you can find a pull date on it, or something.
    But if there isn't one, just find out how much of it the store moves and how quickly they turn over their stock of it.

That product is made by Sunbelt Chemical in FL.
    Slowes (Lowes) is supposed to have it in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, this was reported by another user. They paid an astonishing $1.50 for it!!
    Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

4. Back To Top    #4

They want $16 and change at HD. A bottle of clorox is $4 a the local dollar store. About an hour away from FW' do getting into the metroplex on a regular basis is a pain. Sunbelt has a Texas manufacturing center' so pretty close

21,000 gal In Ground Plaster pool; Nautilus FNS 60 DE filter; WhisperFlo WFE-6 pump; Polaris booster pump and pool cleaner;Rainbow Lifegard HiFlow Chlorine Feeder (not in use); Purex Triton pool light;Hatteras spa light; Intermatic model PF122T Freeze Sentry pump controller; Sta-Rite U-3 Skimmer.

5. Back To Top    #5

Is that per gallon or case? I bought 6 cases of 6% at our grocery store for 99 cents a bottle.
    18'x48" AG
    Pentair 1 1/2 HP Dynamo Pump
    Sand Dollar Sand Filter w/ Zeobrite
    Lil Shark Vacuum System
    Hard Plumbed

6. Back To Top    #6

I used the smart shock at the beginning of the summer when I first opened and it was on clearance. I paid like $1.50 per bottle. It worked fine but I don't think it was 10% strength still.
    18'x48" AG
    Pentair 1 1/2 HP Dynamo Pump
    Sand Dollar Sand Filter w/ Zeobrite
    Lil Shark Vacuum System
    Hard Plumbed

7. Back To Top    #7

Price is per case. Cannot find anything at $1.00 a bottle. So far prices are between $3 & $4 a bottle for 6% hypochlorite. Any suggestions for anything cheaper to the south/southwest of DFW would be great.

8. Back To Top    #8

That's ~$0.31/ounce of sodium hypochlorite...not a real great deal. Have you looked at this thread?:http://www.troublefreepool.com/bleac...12-t41710.html
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

9. Back To Top    #9

I buy my bleach @ Fred Meyer, it's a Pacific Northwest company, but Kroger, who's nationwide, bought them about 5 years ago or so.

It is the cheapest price I have found here @ $2.69/182oz works out to .2463c/CL Oz.
    It's cheaper than Walnasty, Costco and anywhere else I have looked, even a restaurant supply store.

I don't know why people buy Clorox for their pool, here where I live, it's a RIP OFF!!

This stuff has a pull date on it and it's always a little over a year out, so you know it's fresh.

Kroger is all over the place, Fry's, Kroger, Ralph's, you name it, they have probably a dozen plus brand stores.
    Just checked the Dallas area, tons of Kroger stores around there.

I don't know if it'll be the same price down by you, but something tells me it'll be cheaper than it is here, since you're in pool country and right near a Sunbelt plant.

Good luck! Btw, the formula is: Multiply the number of ounces by the CL concentration in decimal form, then divide the cost by that.
    So here's what I did for the 182oz 6% Kroger bleach.
    182x0.06=10.92
    2.69/10.92=0.2463369963369963

My best friend has an employee discount, so sometimes I get it cheaper when I can catch him, when I do, it's 0.2217c/CL Oz.
    Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D