Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: chlorine question

1. Back To Top    #1

chlorine question

I have a swg pool running on a 6 hr timer with my 2650 gallon pump running 8 hrs. The pump starts at about 9am the swg at about 9:15am. The sun is right on the pool daily.

My kids were out of the pool for one month. Now that their back in the water &i went back to daily testing, i noticed my chlorine is staying at an orange level even with 6 kids in the pool daily & direct sunlight.

I did the dpd fas test my FC was only 5 my CC was .5

But the OTO is dark orange.

PH is about 7.5

What do you all suggest.

Thanks
    18X48 Intex Metal Frame - about 6000 gallons, Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Filtration System, BBB care method

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: chlorine question

What is your CYA? Could you post a full set of test results?
    17,000 gal, IG Gunite Diamond Brite plaster Kidneybean,w/7x11 tanning ledge& 3x5 swimout bench,244T 300lb Hayward Pro high rate sand filter(63 GPM) , Hayward 1Hp Super Pump w/3/4 hp booster pump, Polaris 280, Laars Lite 2 175k N/G Heater, Tf-100, Speed stir

3. Back To Top    #3

My CYA is about 75

I haven't fine an ALK test recently
    18X48 Intex Metal Frame - about 6000 gallons, Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Filtration System, BBB care method

4. Back To Top    #4

Normally I would say trust your FAS-DPD test, but are you saying that the OTO chlorine test is showing orange? How much of the R-0870 powder are you using with the FAS-DPD test? Are you using a heaping spoonful? If you are, try it with two heaping spoonfuls, in case your FC is really high and you haven't been putting enough in.

Here are the extended test kit instructions for the FAS-DPD test: http://www.troublefreepool.com/exten...1.html#p206393
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes my oto I'd orange and I'll try with 2 heaping spoonfuls thanks