Replace diverter for Jandy Never lube valve?

Dixit

Jul 16, 2012
Duluth, GA (ATL)
I have a combination pool/spa setup on my main pump with a Jandy Actuator on the drain (inake) side of the pump. Here is a picture to get an idea of the setup.

intakecloseup.jpg

Now I have a suspicious feeling that the diverter inside the 3way valve under the JVA is leaking. Because when the pump for the main pool side is running (pool mode where it only draws from the main drain and skimmers of the pool) for say 6hrs, I notice the spa level drop about maybe 1-2". So I opened up that 3way and looked at the Diverter, the rubber part had a crack in it. So I thought for now to see if Im right let me swap it with another one, so I decided to swap it with my 3way valve thats on the Jandy LX400 heater bypass. That diverter looked good to me. So then next day still same thing. I marked the level in the pool and noticed it went up about 1/16" so I know its sucking water from the spa at a very small rate. I couldnt find any part number or 3way number on the valve body itself so I cant seem to be sure what diverter kit (replacement) to get. Has anyone experienced this where you have to replace the diverter inside? They seem to sell 2-3 different types of replacements and not sure which one goes with this one. This pool is about 6yrs old.

I also have the same issue with the check valve for my spa and spa spillover basin, When everything is off, I notice the level in the spa drops about 3" into the spillover basin. So the check valve flapper is bad. Opened that and the seal looks torn and bad.
The right side of this picture shows the spa spillover pump and the check valve at the top.
heaterside.jpg

Dixit

You can try contacting Jandy. There is a life time warranty on the valves (not sure exactly what it covers) so they may send you new parts.

You can identify your NeverLube valves based on the pipe sizes. If that is 2" pipe going into the valve, then it is the 2"/2.5" valve size.

Flipping warranty. Just like other companies, Jandy wont honor the warranty because Im not the original home owner. So........ guess I will be buying a new Diverter kit for the valves. That sucks........ I have at least 9 of them. Thats going to add up for something what I feel stupid of who the owner is. Fact is the product is lifetime warrantied, that warranty for the pool stuff like that should stay with the house. Otherwise its just another loophole for companies like this to get out of the whole lifetime warranty.

Dixit

Sorry to hear that is how the warranty works. I would not think you should have to change the seals in all of them since s little leaking does not matter in most cases.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

True, but I need to make sure I change definitely the suction side one and porbably check the return side one. It drops 5-6" to the point where in the Spa 4" of the plaster is now exposed which gets nice 6-8hrs of HOTlanta sun which isnt good obviously for the plaster life. So need to make sure it doesnt drop that much, an inch or so would be fine cause the tile around would still show. Time to start opening these 3ways and see which ones are bad. Maybe I will swap a few around to see how that goes, swap with a valve I never use.

Dixit

It looks to me as if the diverter under the JVA does not have the spa suction entirely closed (the valve actuators can get out of adjustment). You can test by putting the actuator in neutral, and manually positioning the valve, then run the pool.

Maybe this will help with "valve warranty" claims. I just got this from their website today on their warranty terms, and it is pretty clear that the original pool is the determining factor, not the owner.

""Never Lube® valves are warranted for the life of the pool on which they were originally installed.""

I will see how it goes, since I have two valves that evidently have air leaks. I recently installed the new variable 1.5 hp speed pump (at only $239 DELIVERED), and running at slow speeds really makes it mandatory to get rid of any air leaks. I can't even use my skimmer, since it loses prime, at least temporarily every minute or so.

I also remember finding a 3" piece of orange flat seal material in my basket. Is there any chance this could have come from the Jandy valve?

I will report back on how well I do with Zodiac. T-Mobile recently made me very happy by nicely replacing my Note 3 inexpensively when they didn't have to, after going for a 10 second swim with it. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.