Pool Heaters

Gary R

LifeTime Supporter
May 11, 2012
Hi to all;

I've seen several comment about various gas pool heaters. Just wondering if there is some agreement at to the most reliable, troublefree brand. The local pool company likes the Ray-Pacs.

Thanks for any input.

Gary R.

We have a used Ray-pac and think it is excellent, even though it is old. It really heats up the water. My sister had a different brand heater for awhile and nothing but problems. She got the Raypac a few years ago and is extremely happy. Service is a little expensive, but I think that would be true of any heater.
My sister keeps her water at 92 and open into October (nights get down to 40, highs of 70's in the day) so she works it pretty hard.

Hi MNPoolDreamer;

Thanks for the reply! 92 degrees, thats warm. We put up a screen over our pool this year to keep the temp down. It never got over 88 but if we kept the pool at even 82 through the end of October it would be nice.

Thanks for your feedback.

Gary R.
Kansas City

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.