Solar blanket plus SWCG Lesson Learned

Jan 20, 2012
West KY
Hope this is the right place to post this. Just wanted to share my experience. Due to my hectic life and work schedule, I'm not always able to check my pool as often as I would like, so I try to keep my FC slightly elevated (4-5 ppm). However, following BBB advice I have managed to keep crystal clear, sparkly water all season. :-D
Recent weeks have brought a lot of cool nights so we decided to put the solar blanket on. I left my EasyTouch settings the same for pump time and SWCG Run percentage. Then, I ended up having to work a lot of long days and kind of neglected my pool. When I finally had time to check it out, imagine my surprise to find my FC level to be 14.5 ppm! I had assumed that keeping the pool warmer might cause my FC to drop, but boy was I wrong. Also noticed my pH rise slowed as well.
Anyhow, with the return of bright and hot sunny days, I turned my CL cell off for a few days and watched the FC fall by roughly 2.5 - 3.0 ppm/ day. I'm going to turn it back on tomorrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.