BBB Method after 1 week and a question

texasbrew

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Humble, TX
My salt cell has died so I decided to switch over to BBB (last Saturday) until next year when I get a new one installed. My water reading (today before I added chems (bleach/acid) per Pool Calculator dosage) are as follows:

20K gallons
3100 PPM Salt
3 FC
3 AC
7.8 PH
90 TA
380 CH
40 CYA

I added baking soda to bring the TA up from 65 to 90 last Saturday. Everything seems to be going ok. I am adding about 2 qts of bleach daily (new 8.25% kind). Every day I add 12 oz of acid per pool calc dosage to get to 7.6 and the following day I am back to 7.8. I am using the pool calc iphone app and I have double checked the settings. Is the daily acid addition going to continue or is that a result of the baking soda addition (will settle in in a bit more time)?

Pool is in sun from about 9:00am to about 7:00pm right now and has a light swimmer load.

Thanks.

It should settle in. There was no need to raise TA to 90, which is likely pushing the PH up, especially if you have a water feature. The acid additions will drop TA back down to where your PH will stabilize.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.