New SoCal Build for your review!!!! (UPDATE)Done Deal

Aug 25, 2011
We have an initial bid with a builder that I would like you to review. It is vague as of now because we only have had one meeting. I have explained to the builder that we want a detailed estimate to include all specs before we go any further. We have a meeting early next week so I am trying to have all of my questions lined out to discuss. Please review the limited info here and advise me of further questions I need to ask and have included in the bid/contract. I am not asking for what you think of price or cost, so I am not including those numbers. This is the package the builder put together to fit our budget so we used things like the Intermatic timer instead of an automated system. I am more concerned with what I must have to make our pool a quality product with minimum hassles. I need the nuts and bolts questions to ask or to be informed of.

Here is the limited info I have so far: All below included up to the options list
25’x13’ freeform
68 perimeter ft
All needed plumbing and equipment included (pretty vague on the plumbing specs and I am going to clear that up)
Hayward Max-Flo 3/4hp pump
175sqft Hayward Star-Clear Filter
3000psi Gunite shell and steel
Hayward 500wt light
Intermatic Sub Panel Time Clock w/GFI
Group 3 Tile
68’ Flagstone
300sqft brushed decking around pool tied into current deck
French Gray Marbleized Plaster
Reef step with umbrella sleeve
Mastic Joint and expansion foam
Start up kit
Hayward salt and swim

Options discussed:
4 deck jets
Hayward Navigator Vacuum

[attachment=2:t4syi4b0]pool1.jpg[/attachment:t4syi4b0]
[attachment=1:t4syi4b0]pool2.jpg[/attachment:t4syi4b0]
[attachment=0:t4syi4b0]pool3.jpg[/attachment:t4syi4b0]

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 431
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 431
  • pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 431
Re: New SoCal Build for your review!!!!

the SP's cells will last you longer, S&S's you will be replacing periodically(12mo), at a cost of $250ea

I asked about FL, because the equipment and pool size looks like your typical pool pkg you find in FL.

We signed with the builder and should start in the next couple of weeks. Permits here take forever, so it is all dependent on the county offices…..

My builder worked long and hard with us to make this fit our budget. He was very helpful and made it work for us. In my opinion he went above and beyond any of the other contractors we met with. We went with the pool and specs as stated in the original post and he explained why he chose each individual piece to fit our pool and budget. I will start updating with pics as we break ground!!!!

sansters said:
Are you still checking this forum? Your specs look a lot like the PB I was talking to - almost exactly actually (we're in Temecula) and I was wondering how yours turned out???

I'm still here.... I wish I could say it has been smooth sailing, but it has not. Between county hang ups and the weather our build is now 3 months overdue. I really don't want to say much more then that right now.....

I'm sure whatever issues you have are trying your patience. I hope the spring brings about a positive change in your luck with the project.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.