Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New SoCal Build for your review!!!! (UPDATE)Done Deal

1. Back To Top    #1

New SoCal Build for your review!!!! (UPDATE)Done Deal

We have an initial bid with a builder that I would like you to review. It is vague as of now because we only have had one meeting. I have explained to the builder that we want a detailed estimate to include all specs before we go any further. We have a meeting early next week so I am trying to have all of my questions lined out to discuss. Please review the limited info here and advise me of further questions I need to ask and have included in the bid/contract. I am not asking for what you think of price or cost, so I am not including those numbers. This is the package the builder put together to fit our budget so we used things like the Intermatic timer instead of an automated system. I am more concerned with what I must have to make our pool a quality product with minimum hassles. I need the nuts and bolts questions to ask or to be informed of.

Here is the limited info I have so far: All below included up to the options list
    25’x13’ freeform
    68 perimeter ft
    All needed plumbing and equipment included (pretty vague on the plumbing specs and I am going to clear that up)
    Hayward Max-Flo 3/4hp pump
    175sqft Hayward Star-Clear Filter
    3000psi Gunite shell and steel
    Hayward 500wt light
    Intermatic Sub Panel Time Clock w/GFI
    Group 3 Tile
    68’ Flagstone
    300sqft brushed decking around pool tied into current deck
    French Gray Marbleized Plaster
    Reef step with umbrella sleeve
    Mastic Joint and expansion foam
    Start up kit
    Hayward salt and swim

Options discussed:
    4 deck jets
    Hayward Navigator Vacuum

[attachment=2:t4syi4b0]pool1.jpg[/attachment:t4syi4b0]
    [attachment=1:t4syi4b0]pool2.jpg[/attachment:t4syi4b0]
    [attachment=0:t4syi4b0]pool3.jpg[/attachment:t4syi4b0]
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New SoCal Build for your review!!!!

Already updating!!! The depth is 3.5' to 5.5' and the pool should calc out to 12,000 gallons.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I would advice you to replace the Hayward Salt & Swim, with a SwimPure.

Are you in Florida?

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by DBfan187
    I would advice you to replace the Hayward Salt & Swim, with a SwimPure.

Are you in Florida?
    I will look into that, any reason why? We are in Southern California (San Diego).

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

the SP's cells will last you longer, S&S's you will be replacing periodically(12mo), at a cost of $250ea

I asked about FL, because the equipment and pool size looks like your typical pool pkg you find in FL.

6. Back To Top    #6

Re: New SoCal Build for your review!!!! (UPDATE)Done Deal

We signed with the builder and should start in the next couple of weeks. Permits here take forever, so it is all dependent on the county offices…..

My builder worked long and hard with us to make this fit our budget. He was very helpful and made it work for us. In my opinion he went above and beyond any of the other contractors we met with. We went with the pool and specs as stated in the original post and he explained why he chose each individual piece to fit our pool and budget. I will start updating with pics as we break ground!!!!

7. Back To Top    #7

Your pool shape looks very similar to mine and my depth is about the same too. 5 foot deep on mine with shallower on each end. Go look at my pics under "new ft worth build"

8. Back To Top    #8

Are you still checking this forum? Your specs look a lot like the PB I was talking to - almost exactly actually (we're in Temecula) and I was wondering how yours turned out???

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by sansters
    Are you still checking this forum? Your specs look a lot like the PB I was talking to - almost exactly actually (we're in Temecula) and I was wondering how yours turned out???
    I'm still here.... I wish I could say it has been smooth sailing, but it has not. Between county hang ups and the weather our build is now 3 months overdue. I really don't want to say much more then that right now.....

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

I'm sure whatever issues you have are trying your patience. I hope the spring brings about a positive change in your luck with the project.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!