new pool

njkat

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 22, 2012
Central New Jersey
Hi,
Our new pool was installed yesterday. After 24 hours of filling with the garden hose it is now full. We have never had a pool before so this is all new to us. The guys who did the installation showed us how to start the pump/filter & how to use the in-line chlorine feeder. What do we do first? I am waiting for my Taylor K-2005 Complete Test Kit to come from Amazon so I bought a kit from Walmart until that comes. According to that test the Ph looks kind of high, but could that be correct? I mean this is the water we drink & use to bath in.
Any & all advice would be really really welcome. I have already learned so much from my reading here while we have been waiting for the pool to be installed !!! Thanks !!

Kathy

Morada 24' x 52" AGP - Waterway 1hp Horzintal Pump & Motor (For DE and Element Filters) - Waterway Clearwater II 150 sq ft Cartridge Filter - In-line Chlorine Feeder

Yes, it could be correct. It's pretty common for drinking water pH to run into the high to mid 8's.

You should add about 3 ppm FC in the pool each day until you get some CYA in there. In your pool that's about 2½ quarts of bleach.

Also as soon as that kit arrives you should return it and get the correct kit. You need either the TF-100 or the K-2006.

Alternatively, you should order just the FAS-DPD test to add to your k2005 to make it the K2006. Check out tftestkits.net

Although the TF100 is a better value.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.