Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Slippery Vinyl Stairs-Any Suggestions

1. Back To Top    #1

Slippery Vinyl Stairs-Any Suggestions

All,
    I have 3 vinyl stairs into my I/G pool that are a bit slippery.
    I will need to install and bond a railing next year but I was wondering if anyone knew of a product to put on them (completely submerged) to increase traction.

Regards,
    18' X 36' Inground Pool 26,000 gallons. SuperMax 27mil/27mil Vinyl Liner-Installed Fall 2011
    Pentair Intellipro Programable Pump (Model 011018) // Pentair S8M 500 Cartridge Filter // Circupool RJ45 Salt Chlorinator
    2 Hayward Skimmers // 3 Returns // 2 Savi Melody Pool lights // TF-100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Slippery Vinyl Stairs-Any Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Glock30
    All,
    I will need to install and bond a railing next year but I was wondering if anyone knew of a product to put on them (completely submerged) to increase traction.

Regards,
    I recently asked such a question here about my fiberglass pool. I guess I hadn't realized that the stair "texture" only extended to about an inch to the front of the step. The steps then are smooth and curve downward. If I step on the steps too far forward I can slip right down them. My feet are long so it takes a bit of notice to step in safely. I hold on to the railing and feel a bit like an old lady entering the pool so slowly, but I can't risk a slip.
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

I wonder if you could use those decals they use on the bottom of bathtubs? Not as nice as textured, but they have tons of styles/colors available now and you might get one that didn't offend.
    18'x48" AG
    Pentair 1 1/2 HP Dynamo Pump
    Sand Dollar Sand Filter w/ Zeobrite
    Lil Shark Vacuum System
    Hard Plumbed

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Glock30
    All,

Regards,
    Interested in this as well.

PatPend aka Glock 19

5. Back To Top    #5

Question,

Is your vinyl squeaky when you rub it? Or does it feel slippery, like teflon, or like oil?
    Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

6. Back To Top    #6

Try cleaning them 1st with a Mr clean magic eraser to ensure it's not algae, suntan/body oils, etc.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator