Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Slippery Vinyl Stairs-Any Suggestions

1. Back To Top    #1

Slippery Vinyl Stairs-Any Suggestions

All,
    I have 3 vinyl stairs into my I/G pool that are a bit slippery.
    I will need to install and bond a railing next year but I was wondering if anyone knew of a product to put on them (completely submerged) to increase traction.

Regards,
    18' X 36' Inground Pool 26,000 gallons. SuperMax 27mil/27mil Vinyl Liner-Installed Fall 2011
    Pentair Intellipro Programable Pump (Model 011018) // Pentair S8M 500 Cartridge Filter // Circupool RJ45 Salt Chlorinator
    2 Hayward Skimmers // 3 Returns // 2 Savi Melody Pool lights // TF-100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Slippery Vinyl Stairs-Any Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Glock30
    All,
    I will need to install and bond a railing next year but I was wondering if anyone knew of a product to put on them (completely submerged) to increase traction.

Regards,
    I recently asked such a question here about my fiberglass pool. I guess I hadn't realized that the stair "texture" only extended to about an inch to the front of the step. The steps then are smooth and curve downward. If I step on the steps too far forward I can slip right down them. My feet are long so it takes a bit of notice to step in safely. I hold on to the railing and feel a bit like an old lady entering the pool so slowly, but I can't risk a slip.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

I wonder if you could use those decals they use on the bottom of bathtubs? Not as nice as textured, but they have tons of styles/colors available now and you might get one that didn't offend.
    18'x48" AG
    Pentair 1 1/2 HP Dynamo Pump
    Sand Dollar Sand Filter w/ Zeobrite
    Lil Shark Vacuum System
    Hard Plumbed

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Glock30
    All,

Regards,
    Interested in this as well.

PatPend aka Glock 19

5. Back To Top    #5

Question,

Is your vinyl squeaky when you rub it? Or does it feel slippery, like teflon, or like oil?
    Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

6. Back To Top    #6

Try cleaning them 1st with a Mr clean magic eraser to ensure it's not algae, suntan/body oils, etc.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator