How do you keep the cover on & run pump on AG Intex 10'x30"?

Aug 23, 2012
We have a cover on our 10'x30" Intex Easy Set, it's been so dry here in the mid west that the leaves are falling off the trees already!! When we run the pump with the cover on, the water is pushed through the small holes in the cover, and water gets on top of the cover.
Is there something, some way to have the cover on....and still run the pump without the water getting on top of the cover??
I was thinking of putting a pool floatie under the cover....??!!

Thanks in advance for any ideas!! We have to skim leaves out 4-6 times a day....if not more!! (crazy!)

Donna
KCMO

Re: How do you keep the cover on & run pump on AG Intex 10'x

Welcome to tfp, dlmurphy13 :wave:

I think your idea is a good one.

Not exactly sure how the water is getting on your cover, but if you pool return is pointing up, then maybe put a 2X4 or something to prop up the pipe on the outside to direct the return flow deeper in the pool.

I did just that. I bought a float called the island from walmart. I believe it is 8 ft across. It gives me enough room to have pretty good water flow around the float. It has also made putting the cover on and off a little easier.

Thanks for all the ideas! Using the 2x4 under the return pipe to go deeper into the pool worked!! I no longer need to put in floaties....but I kinda like the beachball idea to help possibly keep leaves from gathering too much on the cover surface!
Thanks again for the ideas!!!

If your still looking for a nicer lookig solution heres what i did. You will need a blue adapter which come with the ultra frame pools for the skimmer. short piece of inch and a half pvc, a 90 degree elbow, and a 1 1/2 to 3/4 bushing. You will need to sand the blue fittings lip down until the small section of pipe fits snug preferly have to use a rubber mallet to ensure tight so it will not blow off. Once attached you simply screw onto return line and firmly push the 90 degree elbow on with the bushing in the opposite end. The purpose of the bushing is to create water pressure and if you have any kind of heater (solar or otherwise) it will push the heated water to the bottom of the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

When I had the cover off I would turn it towards the wall facing away from the suction and it gave me a pretty good water current with my pump size. The thermometer was usually at a 45 degree angle. Just be sure to remove it before swimming I bet it would not feel to good on a bare back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.