Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward H Series Heater (Key Pad Question)

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward H Series Heater (Key Pad Question)

Odd question here... I had just replaced my keypad due to the buttons no longer working... All is good except one thing. My Heater is in direct sunlight most is not all day long, I have noticed a few times that the sticker or outer part of the keypad is getting hot enough where the glue releases... I can push it back down and its fine but unsure of what to do to stop it... Over time I am sure it will kill it as it did the other one. I have thought about just putting something over it to block the sun... just haven't had the time to invest in the idea...

thoughts?
    Pool 16 x 33.5 Foxx Pool with rounded corners 3.5 at each end and 5+ in the middle (16000 GAL)

Equipment - 300 LB Hayward filter with a Pentair SuperFlo pump (3/4 HP). Also Hayward H series Heater and a dedicated jet for a Polaris 280 with a booster pump (3/4HP). Hayward Chlorinator CL200.

Pool has Main Drain, 2 return Jets with 1 inch eyeballs, a skimmer with floating weir, and the dedicated Polaris jet. Also has a valve for the Waterslide.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Hayward H Series Heater (Key Pad Question)

I've seen people rig various things to cover the keypad from getting nailed by the sun. If your handy enough you might be able to mold something out of a light weight plastic, smoked color of course, and then attach it to the unit. I have seen others use sort sort of thick leather and then they glued it somehow to the unit to cover the keypad or used the two screws holding the bezel on to secure it in place.

I guess you just have to be handy and or imaginative.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hayward H Series Heater (Key Pad Question)

Thnx, good ideas...
    Pool 16 x 33.5 Foxx Pool with rounded corners 3.5 at each end and 5+ in the middle (16000 GAL)

Equipment - 300 LB Hayward filter with a Pentair SuperFlo pump (3/4 HP). Also Hayward H series Heater and a dedicated jet for a Polaris 280 with a booster pump (3/4HP). Hayward Chlorinator CL200.

Pool has Main Drain, 2 return Jets with 1 inch eyeballs, a skimmer with floating weir, and the dedicated Polaris jet. Also has a valve for the Waterslide.