Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stain eating my pool surface.

1. Back To Top    #1

Stain eating my pool surface.

I have diamond brite on my pool and I have a yellow stain at different locations on my pool floor. the stain is not yellow algae because it will not brush away. The surface of the pool is where the stains are is pitted and rough on your feet. I have tried crushed chlorine tablets in a sock on the stains and nothing happens. I have also tried vitamin c in a sock and nothing happens. Does anyone have any idea as to what the problem is and how to correct it. Thank you in advance for any help.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stain eating my pool surface.

Only thing I can come up with is it may be the rebarb leaching through if the builder didn't install it correctly...

3. Back To Top    #3

But even if it was the rebar causing iron stains, the vitamin C should have reduced the coloring.

Can you provide any pictures?

And since we are who we are .... post up a full set of test results
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Good point Jason. Hmm, I'm lost then, no idea what it is. Interested to find out though!

5. Back To Top    #5

I will try to take pictures that show the stain, but I am not sure how well they will show up. The stains are not that dark. I will also post water test results. Thank you. The Leslie's pool store near me thinks it is rebar leaching thru the surface also.

6. Back To Top    #6

Jason has a really good point though. If it is rebar the vitamin C should have made a noticeable difference in the stain coloring. How did you apply the vitamin C?

7. Back To Top    #7

I crushed up the vitamin C and placed it in a sock and then placed it in the pool on top of the stain and left it there for about a half hour.