I have much to learn (Polaris 280 question)

myrddin

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 11, 2012
Southern Indiana
For the most part I just keep my Polaris in the pool and run it for an hour or so when I feel like it, or when I see junk on the bottom... sits in my pool 99% of the time (unless we have company).

How do you run yours and do you store it each and every time... I just need to know what is the right way to do things...

They don't seem to have too much trouble with pool chemicals (although they will bleach out over time, and the bearings will eventually corrode). But, for the most part, running them an hour or so a day is sufficient.

Do disconnect it (at the wall fitting) and take it out when entertaining.

It is a good idea to take the 280 out of the pool whever you first add any chemicals such as acid, or shock for the first 2-3 hours. Reason is when you add chemicals the first 2-3 hours is when most of them chemical reactions are taking place and that is when the water is most "violent". Taking it out saves a decent amout of life on all of the moving compents.

Alex.t901 said:
It is a good idea to take the 280 out of the pool whever you first add any chemicals such as acid, or shock for the first 2-3 hours. Reason is when you add chemicals the first 2-3 hours is when most of them chemical reactions are taking place and that is when the water is most "violent". Taking it out saves a decent amout of life on all of the moving compents.

I disagree. If you are adding the chemicals as we recommend, everything is mixed well before it reaches the bottom of the pool ... there is nothing "violent" going on.

See Recommended Pool Chemicals for how to safely add chemicals to the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.