When you aren't swimming, what are you riding?

dorpo75

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2009
NE Ohio
DH and I are noob Harley owners. Only been riding a year. He rides an ultra classic Electra Glide and I ride a Heritage Softtail. I'll post pics when I'm not ridin' or swimmin'. :cheers: ( but never on the bikes)

Currently an 883 Sportster on loan from the parents. I had to sell a 2006 Nighttrain after the daughter was born to pay for daycare.

Prior bikes to that were a 2003 1200 Sportster and a 1999 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan.

I've been riding since 1998 and used to average 10-15k miles/year. Now, I spend more time with the family and only average around 5k/year. This should start creeping back up now that we've moved closer to work so the wife and I don't have to carpool all the time.

Keep it rubber side down (they ride better that way)

2000 Honda XR650R ... if I am in the dirt
2005 Honda TRX450R ... if I am in the sand
1999 Kawasaki Ultra 150 ... if I am in the water

Unfortunately ... nothing for the street right now. I have a 1984 Honda VF700 Interceptor that I need to put back together.

I miss riding.

Wife made me sell bike when we got married. (not an easy choice :)
Wont let me get another till kids are grown.

So for now it is Escalade , Escalade ext, or H2.
I know, I know, :blah: :rant: :blah:
But I sell pools for a living so I am all for warmer :mrgreen:

Just-a-PB said:
I miss riding.

That's ridiculous! You're right, there are too many people who think that way.

When I saw your vehicle list and the comment about 4 AC units, my thoughts are WOW, this guy must be good at what he does. :goodjob:

Just-a-PB said:
I miss riding.

Not poking fun, honest question.

How does one that enjoys riding marry someone that doesn't? If the wife didn't like it when we first met, I probably would not have stayed around long enough to fall in love.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Me:
2005 1100 VStar for putzing around town
2007 1800 Goldwing Nav for long distance riding

Husband:
2003 1800 Goldwing

Used to do about 15-20,000 miles a year. Ashamed to say we have slowed down some since moving out on acreage. Now I get to ride a lawn mower.

:nopic:

No bikes currently but here is my weekend ride.
cabe7383.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
niget2002 said:
I had to sell a 2006 Nighttrain

Hubby and I have a 2006 NightTrain. We get a lot of head turning and compliments on her. I've seen ppl hanging their heads out their vehical windows hootin n hollern at us to give it more gas. :mrgreen: We love it! It's our summer vacation. We just get on it and go. :cool:

I ride a 2005 Honda VTX 1300S. Her name is Fancie, because she is. Fancy that is. Started out on a 2001 Virago 250. A sweet little V-Twin. Looked kind of like a Harley but was too small to be a Hog. So, I named her Piglet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

When I lived in the Philippines, I had a 2004 Sportster 1200R.

After 5 years of riding it over there, I finally had some teen girl walk out in the street right in front of me (while texting) and I dumped the bike ... broke my collarbone in 3 places and broke 2 ribs ... Sold the bike after healing up and having the bike repaired:

Right12.jpg

Drive this now (since moving to Florida):

2.jpg

Fixed.jpg

[attachment=0:2ac10ptk]newbikesize.jpg[/attachment:2ac10ptk]Love all of the replies. Here is what I am currently riding when the weather permits. (NE Ohio. Always an adventure!) 2005 Heritage Deluxe. Found it last year on sale in Crystal River Florida. Wasn't intending to get a new one, it just jumped out and got me! The DH and I along with a few friends are planning a trip to Canada this summer. Should be fun.

Attachments

• newbikesize.jpg
    newbikesize.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 47
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.