I have this MPS acquired years ago by another family member who got 'pool-stored.' I know it's an oxidant and not a sanitizer and that it messes up FC readings by FAS-DPD. I have about 24 one-pound bags that are seven years old stored in my nice cool basement. Is there any intelligent way to use this stuff up? I am a strict BBB'er and I never shock my pool except in the Spring, and not really then. I just superchlorinate to shock level and then go into BBB mode as long as water was clear, which it always is. I have never done a a true BBB shock or an OCLT, because I have never needed to.
I really don't know what to do with it. I hate to just throw it out.