Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Missouri City, TX

New Pool

I've been reading on this site for a while and have a few questions. We have a pool under construction, with Wet Edge Satin Matrix being installed today and filling tomorrow - when should I start with the BBB method? I have ordered a TF-100 test kit and it should hopefully arrive any day now. I know that the PB will start up the pool with chemicals - should I wait until the break-in period is over before switching to BBB?

I will update my signature and post pictures tonight, but we have:

20 - 22,000 Gallon Inground Chlorine pool 13x38 rectangle with SPA, Wet Edge Satin Matrix Northshore Plum pebble, Flagstone coping and stack stone raised wall with 2 waterfalls.

20,000 IG WetEdge Satin Matrix Northshore Plum, Filled 8/24/12

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: New Pool

Welcome to TFP.

You should start testing immediately. That way you'll know what's going on from the beginning.

You'll probably have to follow the PB's guidelines to preserve the warranty but you'll have an upper hand in knowing what to do.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: New Pool

Test your fill water as soon as it starts to go in. POst the results If you think you are ready for BBB (with our help), see if PB will give you credit for the chemistry he intended to put in and you can do it yourself.

If he goes ahead with chemistry, be sure to make note of what and how much he puts in.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School