Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool overflow

1. Back To Top    #1

pool overflow

i decided to add some water to my IG vinyl liner pool yesterday and unfortunately forgot to close the water until 7am this morning.

the pool water is leveled with the top of the liner, so it appears that the water leaked thru the liner track. 80% of the pool is covered with a solar cover so i couldn't see the whole thing, but from the quick glance it seems that everything is ok and there is no liner separation. i don't think there was too much water in first place to cause that.

to be honest i don't really know what is behind the liner, but in case it's a steel wall, should i be concerned that it might get rusty? do i have any reason to worry?
    26K In-ground Vinyl Pool | Hayward DE4820/SP0710XR50 filter | 1.125 HP Dual Speed Hayward Super Pump | Aquasol Solar

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pool overflow

Everything outside your liner is already exposed to groundwater anyway. Don't sweat it.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: pool overflow

cool, thanks!
    26K In-ground Vinyl Pool | Hayward DE4820/SP0710XR50 filter | 1.125 HP Dual Speed Hayward Super Pump | Aquasol Solar