Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Use of water slide for an inground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Use of water slide for an inground pool

We recently had a water slide installed with no instructions given to us. I was told from a friend that I need to relieve the water flow through the jets before turning on the pump slide. How do I relieve the water flow and what do I do to turn on the slide? The only levers we have is a black one that is used for the pump - another black one that sits atop its own piping - and then the red valve that is attached to the hose that sits next to the slide stairs. Any suggestions?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Use of water slide for an inground pool

My slide has a red valve near the bottom which is the only thing required to control it. The only time it does not work is when I run the booster pump for my cleaner - that lowers the pressure (in the slide return) because of where it taps into the flow of water from the filter and the slide return does not have sufficient pressure at that point to climb the height of the stairs.

If you turn on the slide and it will not work try blocking one of your returns by hand and if that works either change the eyeballs to a smaller size opening or get a plug for one return to use while using
    The slide. This assumes that your valves can't adjust the flow.

A picture of the valves may help.
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I can't understand why a company would sell and install a product without telling the customer how to operate it. If I were you I would make them come back out and give you the full lesson on how to correctly use it so that no one gets hurt and you don't incorrectly operate it and something breaks and when you go to get it repaired, if it has a warranty, they don't come back and blame you for not operating it correctly and then they won't repair it under the warranty. After all, you did pay them and that should include operating instructions.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303
    I can't understand why a company would sell and install a product without telling the customer how to operate it. If I were you I would make them come back out and give you the full lesson on how to correctly use it so that no one gets hurt and you don't incorrectly operate it and something breaks and when you go to get it repaired, if it has a warranty, they don't come back and blame you for not operating it correctly and then they won't repair it under the warranty. After all, you did pay them and that should include operating instructions.
    I missed that context at first. For some reason I blanked on the fact this was "installed" - as opposed to homeowner inheriting it with house purchase like I did. I had to puzzle my way through but if this was purchased and added recently I agree - someone should have told them how to use it - and if they didn't - they need to get back out there and show them!
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump