Two Questions

May 17, 2012
Central Georgia
1. Is what I'm doing OK? Since my schedule is hectic and I don't get huge blocks of time to spend setting up the vac, vac'ing the pool, and taking the equipment down, so I just leave the vac connected and leave it in the water. A few minutes in the morning, a few minutes at lunch, and when I first get home in the afternoon, and I can have the whole pool done each day. Now I only pull it out when my kids and grandson come over to swim.

2. I noticed that I don't have a snap cover over the vaccum port, so it just sucks water all the time if I don't go to the pump and turn off the vac valve. If I put on one of the snap covers over the port, and don't close the valve, wouldn't it drain the line and allow air into the system?

More than likely even if the snap cover was airtight you would still have water in the pipe. Imagine a straw with liquid in it - it you cover one end and still suck you won't pull all the liquid out. The walls of the straw will cave in but some liquid will remain and no air. The pool line is rigid so the liquid will not even be displaced.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.