Vacuum suggestions

Aug 13, 2012
Hi there. I have a 15x48 intex ultra frame pool. I recently battled some algae (which I believe is finally dead!) and am now faced with the dead gray crud all over the bottom of my pool. I only have the vaccum that hooks up to your garden hose and the mesh bag doesn't get the dust. I replaced the bag with a pillow case and thought I got it all, but I was wrong. Since we are planning on keeping with this pool for a while, I want to invest in a vacuum that can hook up to the pump (1000gph). Any suggestions? Thanks!

I recommend the Hayward Wanda/Aquabug/Diver Dave automatic cleaner/vac. It works ok with a 1000 gph pump but even better when I upgraded to the Intex sand filter. Prepare to keep flushing your small filter because it will get choked up with the vacs sucking up everything.

I got mine off Amazon for about $100 with free 2-day Prime shipping

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

This one don't hook up to the pump but they work great it is called the pool blaster catfish ultra they are battery operated and come with a charger and is a self contained vac, I have one I use on my 18x52 intex ultra frame pool. They sell for 99 dollars at menards......great investment.....Mike

I just looked up the pool blaster on amazon and it got good reviews! Do you think it will it trap the fine dead algae and particles, though, that I'm having the issues with?

Thanks for the suggestions!

I second the hayward diver dan. It's a floor cleaner only, wont do much for your walls. with a 3/4 hp pool pump it runs great, uses your pool filter, mine's spotless, run it once or twice a week. once you get things clean I recommend borax to prevent algae and funk.

Tried Wanda the Whale twice, and both times it worked great. I'm not sure how it is with a smaller pump (I have a 1.5 hp) but I think it would be good. Check ebay, because I got mine for $67 (including shipping) on there.

I have an intex 15x42 and own both the vacuum and aquabug. I find that the blaster is more labor intensive vs the aquabug. I run the 2500 gph pump and the aquabug does a fantastic job. If I had to purchase one or the other my vote for the aquabug.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.