LifeTime Supporter
May 2, 2012
North of Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Ok folks, I'm just wondering how much my results could vary if my 10ml sample is off say by +/- 1/4 to 1/2 ml? The reason I ask is my first test tonight came out to 8 FC (16 drops) and then the next test i did to verify came up to 6.5 FC (13 drops) and then the 3rd was again at 8 FC? ?? All tested within 3-5 minutes total from the same grab sample bottle..can the amount of the heaping scoop of powder effect the result by 1.5 ppm? Or the possibly minor different amounts of sample? Or what is the amount of time the FC would /can start evaporating from my sample water sitting in my bottle ??
I'm trying to do a over night chlorine loss test before i leave tomorrow for a few days and just wanna be sure I'm as accurate as can be..I have no reason to believe any thing is living in my sparkly clean pool but just giving it a quick check :)
Is it beneficial to have a 10ml pipet to be sire when needing good accuracy? ? Oh and yes I have a speedstir :)

Well, looks like I passed :) FC of 8 this morning and a very faint .5cc same as last night...must have just been an operator error maybe last night .... (always here that statement thrown around at work alot ,LOL)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.