Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 10 ML accuracy in FC test?

1. Back To Top    #1

10 ML accuracy in FC test?

Ok folks, I'm just wondering how much my results could vary if my 10ml sample is off say by +/- 1/4 to 1/2 ml? The reason I ask is my first test tonight came out to 8 FC (16 drops) and then the next test i did to verify came up to 6.5 FC (13 drops) and then the 3rd was again at 8 FC? ?? All tested within 3-5 minutes total from the same grab sample bottle..can the amount of the heaping scoop of powder effect the result by 1.5 ppm? Or the possibly minor different amounts of sample? Or what is the amount of time the FC would /can start evaporating from my sample water sitting in my bottle ??
    I'm trying to do a over night chlorine loss test before i leave tomorrow for a few days and just wanna be sure I'm as accurate as can be..I have no reason to believe any thing is living in my sparkly clean pool but just giving it a quick check
    Is it beneficial to have a 10ml pipet to be sire when needing good accuracy? ? Oh and yes I have a speedstir
    24,000 Gallon Vinyl Grecian IG,Triton2 Sand Filter / Pentair Super Flo 1 HP Dual Speed Pump ,
    Stenner Peristaltic Pump Injection w/15 gal drum,Stubbed up supply/return for future solar panels :)
    TF100 Rocks !! Pool School....

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 10 ML accuracy in FC test?

Well, looks like I passed FC of 8 this morning and a very faint .5cc same as last night...must have just been an operator error maybe last night .... (always here that statement thrown around at work alot ,LOL)
    24,000 Gallon Vinyl Grecian IG,Triton2 Sand Filter / Pentair Super Flo 1 HP Dual Speed Pump ,
    Stenner Peristaltic Pump Injection w/15 gal drum,Stubbed up supply/return for future solar panels :)

3. Back To Top    #3

Weird. I have no clue how you could have gotten a 1.5ppm difference. I doubt it's FC evaporating, as you got 8ppm again after the 6.5....
    IG Plaster 20,000gal, attached spa w/ spillover, hayward C12002 cart filter, 1 1/2hp pump w/ polaris 360
    6/16/12 - PH 7.6, FC 6, CC 0, CYA 30, TA 80, Calcium 310

4. Back To Top    #4

Most likely error on my part