How much should this concern us? concrete leveling

ajackson

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2012
Central Ohio
Our deck and pool are 5 years old and one of the back sections of concrete has sunk about 1 1/4 inchs so it is pulling it and the section beside it away from the pool.
The widest section pulled away from the coping about 1 inch.
I have contacted a local concrete leveling company but they have yet to here from them. It has only been 2 days so I am not frustrated yet. They do have a A+ rating with the BBB so I am confident they will call back.
Has anyone ever had concrete leveling done? Is it pricey? Thier website says the drill a small hole. pump the concrete up and fill the hole.
I thought I would get suggestions here in the meantime.

Attachments

• phpbjH1eHPM.jpg
    phpbjH1eHPM.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 157
  • phpUXI1S1PM.jpg
    phpUXI1S1PM.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 157
  • phpaEKO7oPM.jpg
    phpaEKO7oPM.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 157
Hello
I had the same problem around a pool here. Had to raise numerous areas around the decking. The company here did a great job, most of the areas turned out very nice, one area that had a problem was near the skimmer and everybody agreed that it was best to leave that area alone, so that when the grout was injected it would not put to much pressure on the shallow lines in that area. Overall I would say it was well worth it and definitely improved the area. When everything was done it cost $500 to raise everything.
Hope this helps.

darbyj62 said:
Hello
I had the same problem around a pool here. Had to raise numerous areas around the decking. The company here did a great job, most of the areas turned out very nice, one area that had a problem was near the skimmer and everybody agreed that it was best to leave that area alone, so that when the grout was injected it would not put to much pressure on the shallow lines in that area. Overall I would say it was well worth it and definitely improved the area. When everything was done it cost $500 to raise everything.
Hope this helps.

Great. that helps alot.. They did call to make a appt today to come look at but we were at work.
Can you tell me what state your in?
thanks

Previous owners had an underground line break which cause the concrete to shift and become very uneven. Called out a company that put a slurry under the concrete (by drilling holes) and effectively levelled the concrete. I had a huge area of approximately 2500 sqft around the pool that needed levelled. The deck looked like it needed re-poured, but after the levelling the deck is not an eyesore anymore. It cost me just over 2k which was a small fraction of the cost for a total repair. Your job should be MUCH cheaper than that. They didn't damage my pool at all, no issues. They did a great job filling in the holes and levelling concrete that I thought was a lost cause. Whatever caused the problem (uneven concrete) needs to be fixed for the levelling to be a long term solution.

I live near Toledo, OH

Thanks for the reply.. I'm glad there wasnt a demo repour for you. I know if that was out case it wouldnt be getting done anytime soon. We have a foxx pool and I thought the braces were suppose to help hold up the concrete.. Maybe this piece was cut between the braces and the ground settled underneath ????
Guess I'll find out when they come out
Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.