Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Where do you store your Intex pool during the winter

Where do you store your Intex pool during the winter

I put mine in a clam shell cargo carrier. The pool fits in easily and it has a nice seal. I only use the cargo carrier in the summer time for vacation so it works out well.

Re: Where do you store your Intex pool during the winter

That sounds like a great idea. I haven't decided exactly what I am going to do with mine. We have talked about numbering the poles, etc. so we put it back together the same way it is this year. We had a low spot of about 1 1/2 inches, so hubby thinks we should keep the,poles in the same order. Our easy set we used to clean and roll up, the put in a heavy plastic bag around it. We stored it in the neighbors shop. Mightnputmour ultra frame in our new shed.
    18' X 48" Intex Ultra-frame with Intex 1600 GPH sand filter.

We put our liner and solar cover and inflatable in a great big plastic trash can with wheels and a lid. We wrap the liner in the solar cover to help protect it and use the deflated inflatables to pad the bottom of the can. Keeps the bugs out and the sun off and the weather out. We put the pump and filter and swg and poles in our garden shed.
    Intex 15x48, Intex Saltwater Chlorine Generator, Intex 14" Sand Filter, TF-100 unicorn eating spaghetti while riding a unicycle on a high wire during a storm edition test kit,

http://tftestkits.net

I keep mine in the backyard.......Mike
    18x52 intex ultra frame pool 6981 gallons, 1 HP LL pump with 19 in sand filter,BBB method,borax 50ppm
    leslies DPD test kit + fas-dpd chlorine test kit + borates test strips
    thru wall skimmer,hard plumbed with 2 returns 1 1/2 sch 40 pvc
    1 large fountain 1 inch sch 40 pvc,shut off ball valves on all

I leave mine up year round as well. I do whatever is chemically necessary, throw the large inflatable toys on it (whales, dolphins, whatever ride-ons we have at the end of the summer) drain the water below the skimmer and return and cover it. So far we've weathered 3 winters.
    18'x48" AG
    Pentair 1 1/2 HP Dynamo Pump
    Sand Dollar Sand Filter w/ Zeobrite
    Lil Shark Vacuum System
    Hard Plumbed

Mine stays up and uncovered, check chems once/twice a week. Pump runs 1 hour in the A.M. and 1 in the P.M. stays on if freeze is forecast-ed.
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School