Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help --Under the Gun

1. Back To Top    #1

Help --Under the Gun

I am building a new inground steel and vinyl 44 x18 pool. I was talking to a Pentair rep about the automation and pump needs but I can not get ahold of him anymore. I need to sort out the automation, pump or pumps, SWG. The pool just arrived and I am scheduled to start the build in 2 weeks. "I will start a new post with lots of pics soon". Here are the features I want to control.
    1. SWG - "Not ordered"
    2. 2-Baja Deck Bubblers -"ordered KBK Technologies Color Cascade LED Lighted Bubbler with 100' Cord - Color-Changing (KBK-27-0207)
    3. 4-Deck Jets - Ordered Pentair
    4. 4-Spa Type Jets for Cozy Cove " Not ordered"
    5. Badu Swim Jet - "Not ordered"
    6. 2- 120 Ultrabright LED Color changing lights " Not Ordered"
    7. 400 BTU Heater - Not ordered

The rep was talking about needing 2 VS pumps and their Intellitouch system. I think I only need one VS 3hp pump and I need a pretty easy automation system to use maybe "autopilot?"

I have spent 8 months on this killer site doing a ton of research to get this far but I am stuck on these issues and any help is appreciated.

Building year round use outdoor in ground pool in Wisconsin

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Help --Under the Gun

Patrick hate o break this to you, but you will need 2 pumps. Not sure you need 2 vs pumps, 1 vs and 1 regular pump may work. With all the auto valves you need not sure autopilot is the way to go, but I'm not familiar with that brand.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Help --Under the Gun

Thanks i did order 2 vs pumps.
    Building year round use outdoor in ground pool in Wisconsin