watsons 24' x 54" above ground pool

Jul 30, 2012
Seymour, In
Got the sides up yesterday and started working on the liner. We need some help/advice on this part. We have a overlap and are having troubles figuring out how much to actually let hang over. Anyone have any advice on how much we should have hanging over or maybe a good way to start? The liner part has me so stressed out, that I couldn't sleep last night.

We started with about 5 inches hang over and though it looked pretty good all the way around on the inside and started dumping water in. Well, it isn't right and I am lost. The liner is way to tight and now on one side is not even touching the cove. I am going to try to drain the water this afternoon and see if I can adjust the liner a bit to get more centered and also take the overlap to about 2 inches. I wish the instructions would have said something like for a 54" pool wall, start with a xx inches hanging over the side.

Anyone have any input on this adventure that may help?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.