Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: watsons 24' x 54" above ground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

watsons 24' x 54" above ground pool

Got the sides up yesterday and started working on the liner. We need some help/advice on this part. We have a overlap and are having troubles figuring out how much to actually let hang over. Anyone have any advice on how much we should have hanging over or maybe a good way to start? The liner part has me so stressed out, that I couldn't sleep last night.

We started with about 5 inches hang over and though it looked pretty good all the way around on the inside and started dumping water in. Well, it isn't right and I am lost. The liner is way to tight and now on one side is not even touching the cove. I am going to try to drain the water this afternoon and see if I can adjust the liner a bit to get more centered and also take the overlap to about 2 inches. I wish the instructions would have said something like for a 54" pool wall, start with a xx inches hanging over the side.

Anyone have any input on this adventure that may help?
    24x54 ABG 15,200 gal, 22in Ecco Sand Filter, 1.5HP Ecco pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: watsons 24' x 54" above ground pool

My liner instructions indicated that the liner floor seam should go along the pool cove, does your liner instructions say the same?
    Maybe that's a good place to start.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: watsons 24' x 54" above ground pool

It does and we thought we had it right on. Once we started water in it, we found different. We tried to have the seam about half way up on the cove all the way around.

Thanks!
    24x54 ABG 15,200 gal, 22in Ecco Sand Filter, 1.5HP Ecco pump