Can you help with hot tub?(video)

marty

Jul 10, 2012
CA
What are those things at 20sec? fuses? what does a gfi look like, and should i have them?
There is a start button but with no wires just a clear tube? how the heck?
There is 1 light, cant seem to find switch, is it safe to use spa? thank you.
[youtube:374z9yqv]C3phe8I06vE[/youtube:374z9yqv]
[youtube:374z9yqv]hMPV0pGWEDk[/youtube:374z9yqv]

Caveat: I am not an expert

Those look like fuses, maybe for your pump and heater? (at first I thought they were for a electrical resistance heater or heat pump...but it looks like you have a gas heater)

I am not seeing a gfi on your set up...since it appears that everything is at 220 volts and hardwired, some local codes do not require a gfi (at least for pumps). I am not an expert on this, and my 220 volt portion of my system is on a gfi breaker...I would want a gfi in the unlikely case that it is needed. Any chance that whole subpanel is on a gfi breaker at the main box?

The "start" button is an air button and the air pressure in the tube is what triggers an air switch that turns on something (pump, hi/low flow, blower.) etc. I am surprised it works over that distance though.

marty said:
is it safe to use spa?
Until you understand how it is wired and what the requirements are, I would wait. If needed, get an electrician to look it over for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.