Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can you help with hot tub?(video)

1. Back To Top    #1

Can you help with hot tub?(video)

What are those things at 20sec? fuses? what does a gfi look like, and should i have them?
    There is a start button but with no wires just a clear tube? how the heck?
    There is 1 light, cant seem to find switch, is it safe to use spa? thank you.
    [youtube:374z9yqv]C3phe8I06vE[/youtube:374z9yqv]
    [youtube:374z9yqv]hMPV0pGWEDk[/youtube:374z9yqv]
    25k I/G ecostar ccplus Polaris plaster

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can you help with hot tub?(video)

Caveat: I am not an expert

Those look like fuses, maybe for your pump and heater? (at first I thought they were for a electrical resistance heater or heat pump...but it looks like you have a gas heater)

I am not seeing a gfi on your set up...since it appears that everything is at 220 volts and hardwired, some local codes do not require a gfi (at least for pumps). I am not an expert on this, and my 220 volt portion of my system is on a gfi breaker...I would want a gfi in the unlikely case that it is needed. Any chance that whole subpanel is on a gfi breaker at the main box?

The "start" button is an air button and the air pressure in the tube is what triggers an air switch that turns on something (pump, hi/low flow, blower.) etc. I am surprised it works over that distance though.

Quote Originally Posted by marty
    is it safe to use spa?
    Until you understand how it is wired and what the requirements are, I would wait. If needed, get an electrician to look it over for you.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Linen is correct, they are fuses for the 220 wiring. Can not see a GFI and I would recommend one.

4. Back To Top    #4

ok souds good, you guys wouldn't happen to have a ball park on how much i should expect to hire a licensed electrician for a gfi only? thanks
    25k I/G ecostar ccplus Polaris plaster