Pool surrounded by a Vintage Coleman Lantern Collection

Very nice. Your pool looks beautiful. That there is some crystal clear water. Although I don't collect them I have always had at least one on hand. They are an outstanding bit of kit. The light output is quite remarkable for something that is basically a flame. Your post has me thinking I should go down and check mine out and order new parts if needed. I remember cutting leather washers for the pump stem before they were neoprene. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. :-D

Great pic!! So does he run around and pump those up or are they on CO2?

I have two Coleman's that have been in the family for over 50 years and I keep them ready to go at all times. They were a lifesaver last year when power went down for three days during the OctoBlizzard. At night I'd read by the light of the Colemans in front of the fire until it was time for bed. Instant 100-year tech regression.

Durk, he pumps them up to get them started. They can burn anywhere from 7 to 12 hours depending on the lantern. Usually after we have enjoyed the evening, he puts them out. He remembers them as a kid going camping. Now days we go camping in an old 1990 Airstream. He pulled out one of his old lanterns, then got some of his dads old lanterns, then friends gave him their old lanterns which he restored, and the collection has grown from there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.