Opinions on this AG pool cover?

Sep 26, 2007
Southern NH
Not that I want to close my pool yet but I've started looking for a new winter cover. Mine is old and has a tear in it. It also seems to have shrunk. So, I see the cover below that comes with a pillow, cable and shipping for $60. That sound too good to be decent? I've only bought one cover and assume 5 years or so is about the max with our harsh winters. This one says 8 year but that's probably useless info.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/18X33-Oval-Abov ... 3f156e8155

thanks!

You pay for what you get..Just saying..The cover look's like a basic cover..I usually by this type&will get one yr. out of it..Sometime's 2 but that is about it..I don't spend much on them because I usually will use it for one yr.&toss in the burn pile...

Here's a good tip I actually got from the pool store :shock: : Don't throw out the old cover; put the new one on first and then the old one on top so the old cover takes the abuse of winter. I have some rain/snow water that collects between them, but that doesn't seem to be a problem. I also routinely siphon off the top water and physically remove accumulated leaves and debris. Again, this is all happening on the "old" cover whilst the "new" cover is sleeping peacefully unerneath it.

Call me crazy but I spent just over $100 on an Armour coat 24' round winter cover 2.5yrs ago...I'm not one to believe in warranty years either as they are usually heavily prorated, but I just took it out to close the pool next week and no tears other than some fading and that's my fault since I add some bleach from time to time in the water that sits on top of the cover. If I had to guess, I'll get at least 2 more seasons out of it. So yeah, you get what you pay for...it's just a matter of preference, if you want a toss away cover or one that you intend to use at least 2-3 seasons+. If you don;t like cleaning muck at the begining of the season...just get the cheapest one you can find and toss it...IMO

PKGuy said:
Here's a good tip I actually got from the pool store :shock: : Don't throw out the old cover; put the new one on first and then the old one on top so the old cover takes the abuse of winter. I have some rain/snow water that collects between them, but that doesn't seem to be a problem. I also routinely siphon off the top water and physically remove accumulated leaves and debris. Again, this is all happening on the "old" cover whilst the "new" cover is sleeping peacefully unerneath it.
Hmm, interesting idea. I may try the one I listed just to see the quality of it.

dmanb2b said:
Call me crazy but I spent just over $100 on an Armour coat 24' round winter cover 2.5yrs ago...I'm not one to believe in warranty years either as they are usually heavily prorated, but I just took it out to close the pool next week and no tears other than some fading and that's my fault since I add some bleach from time to time in the water that sits on top of the cover. If I had to guess, I'll get at least 2 more seasons out of it. So yeah, you get what you pay for...it's just a matter of preference, if you want a toss away cover or one that you intend to use at least 2-3 seasons+. If you don;t like cleaning muck at the begining of the season...just get the cheapest one you can find and toss it...IMO
:goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.