Anyone familiar with AquaComfort SWG and how they stack up .

Skalek

Jul 10, 2011
Anyone familiar with the AquaComfort SWGs and how they stack up against other brands such as Jandy? My SWG has recently died and my pool company wants to replace mine with this brand for a total of $1,450. My concern is that the only real information I have found about these other than their website is this:

http://www.poolspanews.com/2012/082/082n_defect.html

The news is somewhat troubling and concerned about getting it. As its only sold through dealers, I also can't tell if this price is reasonable for replacing my existing SWG.

Also from what I understand, Aquacomfort does not actually manufacture the equipment, but it is instead made by another company. In the past that company was Resilience.

Anyone have any info on them and how they stack up against other SWG brands?

Re: Anyone familiar with AquaComfort SWG and how they stack

That article would make me a little concerned as well, although Compupool seems to have a pretty good rep around here.

Can you add your pool and equipment details to your signature, please. AT this point, we do not know the pool size, so sizing a SWG is impossible.

That price seems a little high depending on the unit. The 40k Hayward unit is around $900-$1100 (depending on where you look) , although then you have to add install if you are not doing it yourself.

Thanks for responding. I updated my sig to contain my pools equipment.

It's a big pool and my concern is that most SWGs have an upper limit of 40k gallons. The aquacomfort does rate up to 50K gallons, but that news is just alarming.

From my experience and with speaking to manufacturers (just got off the phone with Jandy) it is suggested to get a SWG that is slightly oversized to protect the life of the cell and to generate enough chlorine.

As for the price, I agree it does appear to be a bit high, but the price does include them installing the replacement. I have no problem with a pool company making money on a job, but I don't want to feel taken advantage of either.

Wow. That is a bigger pool. We generally recommend sizing the cell for 1.5-3 times the cell size ... so that would be 60k at the low end.

Here is a comparison plot or the various units (not sure how up to date it is kept).
http://www.discountsaltpool.com/Full_Ma ... arison.htm

Looks like the Circupool RJ-60 might be a good large option ... key is to look at the chlorine output, along with the warranty (likely prorated though).

Alternatively you may consider 2 of the smaller units, although install would be a little more complicated.

What unit did you have?
Which unit are they now recommending?

What unit did you have?
Which unit are they now recommending?

I have the Polaris AutoClear Plus, which I think had a max size of 40K gallons. The one they are quoting is a AquaComfort Comfort-Chlor, which I was told goes up to 50k gallons, but can't find that info online. Will call them today.

Christian said:
My top choice for that would be a Pentair IntelliChlor IC-60. In my experience the Pentair salt systems are rock solid.

Thanks. I am not familiar with that model. Will look into it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.