What is the difference between a 7-blade and a 14 blade cell

Skalek

Jul 10, 2011
My Polaris Auto Clear Plus SWG has died and I am researching a replacement. Many of the brands offer a 7 or 14 blade cell, but I can't seem to find any information describing what the difference is between them?

Can someone provide some more details?

Thanks

Re: What is the difference between a 7-blade and a 14 blade

The more blades the more chlorine is produced as the salt passes through the cell. 7 blade systems are generally good up to about 20k gallons and 14 blade systems to 40k gallons. Do you have the part number off your current cell? Are you looking to replace the cell or the whole system?

I am looking to replace the whole system as I have never had good results with the Autoclear and its around 3.5 years old. From what I understand it was discontinued, or shortly became so, after I purchased it.

More information here about what I am trying to figure out can be found at this topic:

post430342.html

Thanks!

Autocoear plus is only one size 40k gallons. System works well ppl just never understand it really. Like previous post said 7 blade smaller cell 14 larger. Always go with larger so then system can be on less 50percent for ex for 8 hrs instead of 100percent for 8 hrs with smaller cell. Makes cell last longer

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.