Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hydrotools ph tester.......

1. Back To Top    #1

hydrotools ph tester.......

Order this the other day its a 6 way test I believe. All I wanted was the bigger sample bottle for testing ph but the readings I get with the Taylor's compared to the hydrotools is a bit different which u also test it different also. Which would be more accurate? U can also do the acid test with the hdrytolls kit.
    24x52 sharkline heritage agp,Hayward power flo lx 1h/p,Hayward s210 sandfilter, and tf100 test kit
    BBB method and pool rover jr

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: hydrotools ph tester.......

I searched for Hydrotools test kits and didn't find a 6-way kit that they made.

Taylor is about as accurate as you can get. I'd trust them before any of the others.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mint Hill, NC

Re: hydrotools ph tester.......

I have a Poolmaster kit and while I like the larger pH measurement cylinder the chemistry sucks. I use my Taylor pH indicator in the Poolmaster kit at times and when I do the results agree with the Taylor block - when I use the Poolmaster kit I get the tell tale chlorphenol purple even at FC of 5-8ppm after using the chlorine neutralizer...

My point is that the Taylor chemistry is very accurate and known to be. I don't know about others.
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump