Seymour, In

Jul 30, 2012
Seymour, In
New 24x54 above ground owner here in Seymour.

Got a question for you all on our new pool. We are in the process of getting it setup. Ground is leveled and the bottom rail is installed. We have the side rails installed and staked so they can't fall over. Already have most of the sand spread out. Tonight, we will attempt to install the side and liner and get some water in it.

Wanted to know what everything thought on this? I know it is late in the season and most likely the water will not get warm enough for the kids to swim in. Should I go a head and fill it up and get the pump and filter running for a bit or just stop it below the skimmer and wait till next season to raise the water the rest of the way?

If I don't fill it up all the way and let the filter and pump run, how would you all treat the water? The water will be just like the water coming from our tap except we are getting it from the water company instead. Should I just raise the chlorine levels up and get a cover on it as if I was going to close it?

Thanks for all the great info!!!

I'm west of you, and I can for sure answer your question about the water warming up this year:

I have no idea! :hammer:

Some years we swim in October, but some years it is hard to keep the water warm after Labor Day.

I'd get the pool in operation if you are going to assemble it. That way you can work out any equipment bugs, and the water will be nasty green before it even gets cold here if you don't. I usually open mine the first of April and close the first time freezing temps are forecast, usually the end of October.

Welcome to tfp, deeanron :wave:

I agree with JohnT, get it up and running then winterize it after that. I was in a similar situation to you two years ago (I finished installing end of Sept I think) and we actually got a little swimming in, albeit some of it fairly cold.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.