Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Here's our lil "piece of paradise"

Here's our lil "piece of paradise"

We just got our pool built on July 20th. Landscaping outside of fence has yet to be done, but the important part (swimming) and enjoying the few weeks we have left is in action. THX to TFP folks who were so welcoming and helping with TA and Phos issues. So glad I found this site, so early in my pool ownership experience. Will be going to BBB after this first "experimental and short season" with the "stuff" the PB provided as part of the package, and before I knew this site existed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lazy-L Pool, vinyl liner, 29,000 gallons, 8 ft deep end, 18'ft wide, ~46' on longest side. 796 total square footage. Hayward 250kbtu heater, Hayward Cartridge filter, in-line chlorinator,Bioguard 1" silk Tabs. Hayward 2 speed 1.5 hp pump. Solar cover.

Re: Here's our lil "piece of paradise"

Great looking pool, zbigkid

Quote Originally Posted by zbigkid
    Will be going to BBB after this first "experimental and short season" with the "stuff" the PB provided as part of the package, and before I knew this site existed.
    Be careful with what you use so that you do not have to do a drain/refill. Stuff with cya in it is usually the most problematic...trichlor pucks, dichlor powder.
    TFP Moderator who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

Re: Here's our lil "piece of paradise"

Wow, your pool is huge! Makes mine look like a hot tub.
    Intex 18ft x 52in Ultra Frame Pool, hard plumbed w/skimmer and fountain
    Intex 4000 gph cartridge filter pump
    Intex SWG, copper bars unplugged