Dophin Premier. Where did you buy? What model did you buy?

Drockfresh

LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2012
Austin, TX
I read the posts on the Dolphin Premier and still do not know where to buy one except for one random website. Also - the difference between the models is confusing..... :shock: Let's try to keep it simple:

What model do you have?

Where did you buy it?

Thanks,
David

Re: Dophin Premier. Where did you buy? What model did you bu

I'm in the market too. Dolphin Premier is apparently very similar to Dolphin Supreme M4 - Premiere is a private label (just to confuse us). Check out epicpoolsupply.com. They have the best prices I have found.

There is much debate over the merits of a remote for these guys - I doubt I would use it. The M5 has a great included remote, no timer - the M4 has a great timer, crappy remote (Which costs extra). M5 has an extra motor for tighter corners and better cleaning - likely an extra part to break as well.

I am still debating whether to spend the money on another electric gadget that is almost sure to break before I think it should. Currently I vacuum the pool by hand - I have a hayward navigator but it get stuck too much to be useful. Take about an hour and I do it once a month or so. I clean with a net a much as necessary depending on the wind. I know the robot will keep it really clean - I just wonder if I am going to wheel it out all that more often.

Re: Dophin Premier. Where did you buy? What model did you bu

I called Maytronics to ask about the Dolphin. I told them the different product lines and such was confusing to me as a consumer. I asked if I could buy the M4 from Leslie's. They said - no - Leslie's is not authorized to sell that model. OK, but Leslie's has a model that costs the same price (why would I want to buy a product not as good at the same price as the M4?). I asked if there was a simple way for me to buy one online. No, they don't authorize internet sales. They said the nearest store I could buy one from was in Waco, Texas and they have no dealers in Austin.

I am sure they have good reasons for their business model but I am not going to spend my time figuring it all out and I don't know epic pools so I am not going to buy it from them, it seems a bit sketchy. I threw in the towel. It is too confusing. I'm not going to buy a Dolphin.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.