Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dophin Premier. Where did you buy? What model did you buy?

1. Back To Top    #1

Dophin Premier. Where did you buy? What model did you buy?

I read the posts on the Dolphin Premier and still do not know where to buy one except for one random website. Also - the difference between the models is confusing..... Let's try to keep it simple:

What model do you have?

Where did you buy it?

Thanks,
    David
    ~23,500 Gallon In-Ground Plaster Pool, Intelliflo VS+ Pump, Hayward 4820 DE Filter, IntelliChlor IC40 SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dophin Premier. Where did you buy? What model did you bu

I just got the Dolphin Diagnostic Advantage with the remote control from intheswim.com.

Working great on my pool!!
    10,000 gallon inground fiberglass pool and spa, Pentair Variable Speed 3.0hp pump, Pentair 520 filter, Pentair MasterTemp 400,000 BTU Heater, Pentair Easytouch 8, Screenlogic Connect, Wireless Controller

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm in the market too. Dolphin Premier is apparently very similar to Dolphin Supreme M4 - Premiere is a private label (just to confuse us). Check out epicpoolsupply.com. They have the best prices I have found.

There is much debate over the merits of a remote for these guys - I doubt I would use it. The M5 has a great included remote, no timer - the M4 has a great timer, crappy remote (Which costs extra). M5 has an extra motor for tighter corners and better cleaning - likely an extra part to break as well.

I am still debating whether to spend the money on another electric gadget that is almost sure to break before I think it should. Currently I vacuum the pool by hand - I have a hayward navigator but it get stuck too much to be useful. Take about an hour and I do it once a month or so. I clean with a net a much as necessary depending on the wind. I know the robot will keep it really clean - I just wonder if I am going to wheel it out all that more often.
    Dan's Pool: 40K gal gunite pool - 50 by 18 and 8ft spa, 2 Aquarite 40K SWG, Aquamatic pool cover (rarely used), 60sq ft De filter (Jandy), Heat Pump and Gas heater (rarely used), O3 generator, just started borates

4. Back To Top    #4

I called Maytronics to ask about the Dolphin. I told them the different product lines and such was confusing to me as a consumer. I asked if I could buy the M4 from Leslie's. They said - no - Leslie's is not authorized to sell that model. OK, but Leslie's has a model that costs the same price (why would I want to buy a product not as good at the same price as the M4?). I asked if there was a simple way for me to buy one online. No, they don't authorize internet sales. They said the nearest store I could buy one from was in Waco, Texas and they have no dealers in Austin.

I am sure they have good reasons for their business model but I am not going to spend my time figuring it all out and I don't know epic pools so I am not going to buy it from them, it seems a bit sketchy. I threw in the towel. It is too confusing. I'm not going to buy a Dolphin.
    ~23,500 Gallon In-Ground Plaster Pool, Intelliflo VS+ Pump, Hayward 4820 DE Filter, IntelliChlor IC40 SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

It looks to me like you can buy the M4 from Epic Pool Supply. They do say something about only being able to accept orders for it over the phone, and I'd be sure to ask them about how warranty issues would be resolved should you buy it from them.
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.