Replacing Pool Light

tr

Aug 19, 2012
Our water level was dropping between 2 and 3 inches a day. After following all of the leak tests on this site, I've narrowed the problem down to the pool light. You can see small bubbles coming out of there.

The trim ring around the niche needs to be replaced as it is broken. Since I bought the pool, I haven't been able to screw the light into the niche because of that. There is deteriorating caulking around the niche's trim ring, but the caulking inside looks good, but there is obviously an issue somewhere with the niche. The niche is 5 inches in diameter.

The light was made by American Products. I've called the 1-888 number and tried all of the part numbers on the internet with no results. The pool (and light) is ten years old so I'm concluding that this light and company no longer exist.

I was thinking of replacing the light and possibly the niche. Can anyone give me an idea of what this will entail. Is this something that can be done without draining down? Any ideas on a solution using the existing parts?

Does it look like this?
AquaLight_web.jpg

http://www.pentairpool.com/pool-pro/pro ... ight-7.htm

American Products was acquired by Pentair. Can you post a picture of what you are working with?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.