Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing Pool Light

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing Pool Light

Our water level was dropping between 2 and 3 inches a day. After following all of the leak tests on this site, I've narrowed the problem down to the pool light. You can see small bubbles coming out of there.

The trim ring around the niche needs to be replaced as it is broken. Since I bought the pool, I haven't been able to screw the light into the niche because of that. There is deteriorating caulking around the niche's trim ring, but the caulking inside looks good, but there is obviously an issue somewhere with the niche. The niche is 5 inches in diameter.

The light was made by American Products. I've called the 1-888 number and tried all of the part numbers on the internet with no results. The pool (and light) is ten years old so I'm concluding that this light and company no longer exist.

I was thinking of replacing the light and possibly the niche. Can anyone give me an idea of what this will entail. Is this something that can be done without draining down? Any ideas on a solution using the existing parts?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Replacing Pool Light

What type of pool do you have? Vinyl or masonry?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Does it look like this?

http://www.pentairpool.com/pool-pro/pro ... ight-7.htm

American Products was acquired by Pentair. Can you post a picture of what you are working with?

4. Back To Top    #4

Fiberglass

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    What type of pool do you have? Vinyl or masonry?

5. Back To Top    #5

That is it. Do you know where I can get parts?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW
    Does it look like this?

http://www.pentairpool.com/pool-pro/pro ... ight-7.htm

American Products was acquired by Pentair. Can you post a picture of what you are working with?

6. Back To Top    #6

Any pool store should be able to get the parts. You can also find parts online.