Suggestions for AGP Heater?

Jul 19, 2011
Missouri
I have a 28' round AGP. It has a flexible liner and a deep end. I have a 2 hp motor and 300lb sand filter. I live in Northwest Missouri.

I would like to extend my pool a little longer in the fall, and also open it a little earlier in the spring (March was 80-90 here this spring but couldn't get the water hot till mid May).

What is the best type of heater for my situation - electric, gas, other??

Also, I have the pool completely covered by decking. Can I put foam sheets of insulation around the walls of the pool under the deck, or do you think that would help keep the heat in at all?

Cost isn't a major issue, but the more we keep in our pocket the better.

I have a great solar cover that almost eliminated chemicals this summer. It helps keep it up, but we lose a lot at night.

Do you think one set of solar panels would do the trick? Or should we use more?

What type of gas heater for backup?

Thanks so far!

I would put them to the west (straight out from the pool in the picture) or to the north side (to the right of the pool in the picture). The pump is under the stairs to the right of the pool.

The trees in the picture are 30-40 foot from the deck. But off that side of the deck is really high, about 12 foot or so.

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 66
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.